How to choose the best washing machine available in the market.
Types of washing machines available.
Washing machines are appliances used for cleaning laundry. They come in various sizes and types, including top-loading and front-loading models.
They typically use water and detergent to clean clothes and have settings for different types of fabrics and soiling levels. These have become common household appliances in many countries.
Types of washing machines
There are several types of washing machines, including:
These washing machines have a door on the top of the machine, and the agitator is located in the centre of the tub. They tend to be less expensive than front-loading machines.
Front-loading washing machines:
These have the door on the front of the machine, and the drum is located horizontally. They are more energy and water efficient than top-loading machines and are better at cleaning clothes.
Portable washing machines:
These washing machines are small and can be easily moved around. They are often used in apartments or small homes where space is limited.
The machine and dryer can be stacked on top of each other, which is useful in small spaces.
All-in-one washing machines:
These machines have a built-in dryer, which eliminates the need for a separate dryer.
These machines are a hybrid between manual and fully automatic washing machines. They are more affordable and require manual intervention for loading and unloading clothes.
These machines do not require any manual intervention and have a variety of features and wash programs.
Mostly we find two different types of washing machines when we visit a market or an online store.
- Top load washing machine.
- Front-load washing machine.
- The wash basket door is located on the top side of the top-load machine and hence the laundry (clothes) is loaded from the top, whereas the wash basket door is provided at the side of the machine.
- Hence clothes are loaded from the side of the machine.
Both these types are again divided into two types.
- Fully automatic washing machine.
- Semi-automatic washing machine.
- As the name says the fully automatic washing machine soaks, washes, spins, and drys the clothes without changing into the spin tub whereas, in a semi-automatic washing machine, wet clothes need to be changed manually to a spin tub.
There are few points that need to be identified before placing an order.
- Check if the usage of the washing machine will be daily, weekly, etc.
- Quantity and type of fabrics which are going to wash regularly.
- Water and space availability at your premises.
- Service availability of that brand in your locality.
Also, the important point to remember is to choose the correct capacity machine. There are 5kg, 6.5kg, and 7kg machines available in the market.
- It is not advised to go for a higher-capacity machine if your wash usage is very less.
- Make sure the machine drum is not overloaded as clothes won’t soak and spin in the tub properly resulting in a poor washing experience.
Also, read our blogs on